Direct Primary Care.
You and your doctor; the way it used to be.
SNFW practitioners are offering a new model of health care delivery.
What is Direct Primary Care?
Direct Primary Care is an innovative alternative to conventional health insurance. It is a care model of the past, which is again gaining rapidly in popularity. This model addresses the majority of primary care needs, including annual check-ups, routine care, and care coordination, while dramatically reducing the cost of healthcare for individuals, families, and businesses. DPC eliminates fee for service, or insurance billing, and employs a flat fee payment structure. Patients are able enjoy comprehensive primary care services at an affordable rate with an emphasis on wellness and health. Your chosen provider then enjoys the flexiblity of being available to you via email/portal/text/phone or in person or at home depending on the need.
What are the fees?
There are two plan options:
1. The Roots Package
Individual = $960.00
Couple = $1680.00
Individual Child 0-15 years = $600.00
Children 16-22 years = FREE*
Family (Individual or Couple Fee) plus $240.00/child →
(Additional Family Members beyond #5 are free)
Additional office fees or Copayments: None.
* Must have another participating family member
2. Roots and Branches Package
Individual = $2,100
Couple = $3,840
Individual Child (0-15 years) = $750
Individual Child (16-22 years) = FREE*
Family (Individual or Couple Fee) plus $390/child→
(Additional Family Members beyond #5 are free)
*Must have another participating family member
What do the packages include?
The Roots Package contains:
- Provider call-backs and texts within 4 hours Monday through Friday 8am-8pm, same business day email reply
- Unlimited office visits including annual comprehensive physical and individualized wellness plan
- Same day appointments for urgent needs
- 24/7 access to physician on-call for urgent medical needs
- Email/Phone consultations
- Minor office procedures (mole removal, wart removal, etc.)
- Free Lab Services (limitations apply)
- 10% discount on all dispensary items
- Newborn Home visits/ Home visits on as needed basis
- 23andme genetic report analysis
- Bio-Impedence Analysis of body composition (BIA)
- Acupuncture appointment $35.00/session
- Craniosacral appointment $60.00/60 minute session
- Avacen pain relief treatment: in-office sessions 15-20minutes. Complimentary one time session. $15.00/session afterwards.
The Roots and Branches Package contains:
- Contents of Roots Package, plus:
- 1 complimentary craniosacral session, then $25.00/60 minute session
- 1 complimentary acupuncture session, then $25.00/ session
- Avacen punch card. 10 punches for $50.00 with complimentary session after 10 punches
- 1 complimentary clinical nutrition visit with registered dietician
- 35% discount on all dispensary items
When will this go into affect?
All of the physicians are currently participating in this program!
**Stacey London-Oshkello, RD will continue to contract with insurance plans.
Will you keep working with Medicaid?
Yes, we will continue to work with Medicaid clients indefinitely.
Can providers still order tests and medications?
Yes, lab services performed at SNFW are Free of charge under the DPC agreement. (some restrictions apply for patients without insurance) X-rays and other imaging studies will continue to be ordered through hospitals or other private facilities, which will bill your insurance directly. Prescriptions can still be written. Medication charges are billed to insurance by the pharmacy itself.
Can I use my HSA to pay for the membership fee?
The IRS has not made clear how direct primary care medical fees fit into the Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA) payment model. Many patients elect to pay DPC fees via their tax sheltered HSA or FSA account, which adds to their overall savings.
Why are you making this change?
We are looking for greater freedom in how we practice and have been dissatisfied with the current insurance pay for service model. Time spent working with insurance companies can now be time spent focusing on patients. Also, we are naturopathic physicians and enjoy the benefit of being able to provide our expert knowledge in the areas of herbal medicine, homeopathy, and nutrition. Under private insurance plans, many of these therapies are deemed “investigational” and are not covered services. To continue to have contracts with insurance, we would no longer be able to utilize these therapies with our patients.
What should I do with my current insurance plan?
DPC is not an insurance plan. You definitely need to have an Affordable Care Act certified insurance plan in place just in case there is a medical emergency. Financially, DPC is best paired with a catastrophic health care plan or a low-cost medical sharing plan such as Liberty Direct or a Christian Healthcare Ministries option. SNFW is not promoting any of these options, just trying to make people aware that they do exist.
What if I want to continue to receive services at SNFW but don’t want to do DPC?
Until providers end contracts with insurance plans, we will continue to bill your insurance for services. After the DPC start dates, we have an ala Carte menu for cash paying clients:
First Office Visit = 90 minutes = $200.00
Return Office Visit = 45-60 minutes = $75.00
Urgent/Acute office visit = 15 minutes = $35.00
Physical Exam Adult (19 and >): $125.00
Well Child Exam (0-18): $75.00
Financial Hardship Plan fees will remain unchanged: FOV = $100 ROV = $50 for qualified individuals.
Labwork will continue to be a free service if you have insurance with a draw fee of $10.00. For those without insurance, lab fees will be on average, less than 50% of hospital fees.
When can I sign up?
Immediately! Once you sign up, your contracted year begins and you can begin enjoying some of these amazing benefits!
Please contact us for more information or to sign up!!