1. Focus on what you love to do and do more of it.
2. Chart your successes and visualize yourself achieving your goals.
3. Move your body everyday, no matter what!
4. Talk about what you want and don't hesitate to ask for support in achieving it.
5. Be realistic about how your body, life, house "should" look and focus on healthy instead of appearances.
6. Strive for more meaningful relationships with friends, colleagues, family. Decide what this means to you.
7. Get the blood work, dental visits, or home chores completed that you have been putting off. Don't use precious mental space on guilt over tasks uncompleted.
8. Compare your progress in life to your own goals, not others. You are not them.
9. Smile and laugh as often as possible. Cry when you need to..
10. Make a collage or vision board of everything you would like to create in your life this year. Next year you can look back and be surprised at how much of your vision came to fruition.
COCONUT SQUASH SOUP
3 shallots, unpeeled
5 cups cubed organic pumpkin (peeled, 1/2in cubes)
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
½ cup chopped cilantro
½ tsp sea salt
2 Tbs fish sauce or vegetarian fish sauce
4 Tbs lime juice (optional)
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp crushed red pepper (use less for milder heat)
¼ cup minced green onions
1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped (optional)
In medium skillet, dry roast shallots over medium heat until softened and blackened. Peel and cut in half lengthwise. Set aside.
In a large pot bring to boil coconut milk, broth, pumpkin, shallots and cilantro over medium-high heat. Once brought to boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Add chicken. Stir in fish sauce, chili, salt, lime and sugar. Cook 2 more minutes. Serve and sprinkle with minced onions.
We hope you all are staying warm! If there is any topic you would like us to address in future newsletters, please let us know! We appreciate the opportunity to assist you along your path to wellness.
SNFW Staff and Practitioners